XmClipboardInquireLength - A clipboard function that
returns the length of the stored data
int XmClipboardInquireLength (display, window, format_name, length)
Display * display;
char * format_name;
unsigned long * length;
XmClipboardInquireLength returns the length of the
data stored under a specified format name for the clipboard data
item. If no data is found for the specified format, or if there is no
item on the clipboard, this function returns a value of zero.
Any format passed by name is assumed to have the length
passed in a call to XmClipboardCopy, even though
the data has not yet been transferred to the clipboard in that format.
- Specifies a pointer to the Display structure
that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay
- Specifies a widget's window ID that relates the application
window to the clipboard. The widget's window ID can be obtained by
using XtWindow. The same application instance should
pass the same window ID to each of the clipboard functions that it
- Specifies the name of the format for the data item.
- Specifies the length of the next data item in the specified
format. This argument equals zero if no data is found for the
specified format, or if there is no item on the clipboard.
- The function is successful.
- The function failed because the clipboard was locked by another
application. The application can continue to call the function again
with the same parameters until the lock goes away. This gives the
application the opportunity to ask if the user wants to keep trying or
to give up on the operation.
- The function could not find data on the clipboard corresponding
to the format requested. This could occur because the clipboard is
empty; there is data on the clipboard but not in the requested format;
or the data in the requested format was passed by name and is no