XmTextFieldGetSubstringWcs - A TextField function
that retrieves a a portion of a wide character internal text buffer
int XmTextFieldGetSubstringWcs (widget, start, num_chars, buffer_size, buffer)
XmTextFieldGetSubstringWcs retrieves a copy of a
portion of the internal text buffer of a TextField widget that is
stored in a wide character format. The function copies a specified
number of characters from a given start position in the internal text
buffer into a buffer provided by the application. A NULL terminator is
placed at the end of the copied data.
- Specifies the TextField widget ID.
- Specifies the beginning character position from which the data
will be retrieved. This is an integer number of characters from the
beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0.
- Specifies the number of wchar_t characters to
be copied into the provided buffer.
- Specifies the size of the supplied buffer as a number of
wchar_t storage locations. The minimum size is
num_chars + 1.
- Specifies the wide character buffer into which the internal
text buffer will be copied.
For a complete definition of TextField and its associated
resources, see XmTextField(3X).
- The function was successful.
- The function failed because it was unable to copy the specified
number of characters into the buffer provided. The buffer size may be
insufficient. The contents of buffer are undefined.
- The requested number of characters extended beyond the internal
buffer. The function copied characters to the end of the buffer and
terminated the string with a NULL terminator; fewer than
num_chars characters were copied.