XmTextGetSubstringWcs - A Text function that
retrieves a portion of a wide character internal text buffer
int XmTextGetSubstringWcs (widget, start, num_chars, buffer_size, buffer)
XmTextGetSubstringWcs retrieves a copy of a
portion of the internal text buffer of a Text widget that is stored in
a wide character format. The function copies a specified number of
characters from a given start position in the internal text buffer
into a buffer provided by the application. A NULL terminator is placed
at the end of the copied data.
- Specifies the Text widget ID.
- Specifies the beginning character position from which the data
will be retrieved. This is an integer number of characters from the
beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0.
- Specifies the number of wchar_t characters to
be copied into the provided buffer.
- Specifies the size of the supplied buffer as a number of
wchar_t storage locations. The minimum size is
num_chars + 1.
- Specifies the wide character buffer into which the internal
text buffer will be copied.
For a complete definition of Text and its associated resources, see
- The function was successful.
- The function failed because it was unable to copy the specified
number of characters into the buffer provided. The buffer size may be
insufficient. The contents of buffer are undefined.
- The requested number of characters extended beyond the internal
buffer. The function copied characters between start and the
end of the widget's buffer and terminated the string with a NULL
terminator; fewer than num_chars characters were copied.